Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Quiet evening at home

For once.

I am currently doing laundry, and instead of madly sewing while waiting for the loads to wash and dry, I am reading, and listening to my son.

It's been a loooooong time since I have been able to do that.

Every sentence has been about his science class, caterpillars, and other insects. He wants to plant lots of plants that will attract butterflies and caterpillars next year, so he can study them. He's been drawing pictures of different types of butterflies, and was telling me how to tell a male from a female monarch, and the interesting fact that he got to see two butterflies mate in class.

I am so happy to be able to listen to his conversation, even though it is making it hard to follow the story in my book. The book will be there forever. My son is growing up and soon won't want to tell me things. I am going to enjoy these moments while I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cherish those precious moments. Once they grow up they're never young again!
Matt