And it fits! In fact, it actually fits a little too well in the chest area. I could lace it completely closed in the chest, when it really needed to have a gap to allow better lacing during weight fluctuations. It's really comfortable! I think I am going to wear it around the house in the evenings, to get used to it, and to help keep the appetite down a bit.
The bad news is that the green bodice that I was going to base my pattern on does not fit with this corset. The bust area is too small, but the waist is fine. The length and the shoulders are perfect, though, and that is usually the hardest area to fit. I'll just go up one size in the bust. It does mean, however, that I will have to redraft the damn pattern for the fifth time, and make yet another mockup. Getting a bit sick of that part.
Well, I have to go do a bit more shopping. I need flatlining fabric for the skirts of both gowns. I also need more cotton drill. I am trying to figure out how best to use my 40% off coupons. I can use only one per visit, and I would really like to be able to save as much as possible. I'd better check on the sales, too. I hate paying full price for anything.
I did manage to find the sewing machine foot I needed for sewing velvet. I found a walking foot at Hancock Fabrics yesterday. $30! Considering I spent only $62 on the machine, that was a bit much. But, I had priced them online, and it was comperable. No discounts on sewing machine accessories allowed.
Anyway, too much to do, not enough time. I've got to get going. On to the fun sewing stuff!!!