Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Relieved to be relieving the black velvet

...with some color! Pretty trim!!! Shiny!!!! (but not too shiny. Elegant shiny!)



This trim is sewn to the front sides of the overskirt opening, and once I have hemmed the skirts, will be sewn around the bottom of the skirt, about two or so inches from the bottom of the hem. I also used this trim down the front of the bodice, on either side of the opening.

This is the trim I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby, at nine yards for $6.57. And I'm going to end up using just about every bit of it. :D

I had forgotten how hard it is to sew on black (the light just vanishes, of course, making it hard to see what you are doing. Which means you have to be extremely careful to not make any mistakes with the machine.)

Okay, back to work! This is going to be gorgeous!!!

No comments: