Saturday, July 21, 2007

I lasted until 5:08 am

So far, great book. I woke up at around 8 am, but then decided there was no way to get through the day on 3 hours of sleep, so turned off the alarm and didn't even turn over until a bit after noon. My son woke me up by coming into my room to get the book. Last time, I read through the entire book in one go, but I just couldn't stay awake long enough this time. It's significantly longer, for one thing, and I want to savor the whole book, not race through it.

I read the first six chapters aloud after we got home, while my son sat in his bean bag chair listening. Now we'll leap-frog through the book. I read for awhile after he fell asleep, and now he'll read as much as he can while I do the household chores, and get more sewing done. Later this afternoon, I'll grab the book for a bit, and so on,until we are done.

Here are the rules we made:

1. No talking about chapters of the book that the other has not read.
2. If you tear up while reading, do NOT say why!
3. Spoilers are NOT ALLOWED!
4. No TV today. DVDs are okay. (unless the weather gets nasty)
5. Likewise, no internet other than checking email, and this blog post.

And with that, I'll get back to work.

No comments: