Tuesday, July 10, 2007

In 21 hours...

we'll be sitting in a theatre, watching dumb ads and First Look, waiting for Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix to begin.

My son's a little excited. He wanted to go to the midnight opening tonight, but since I have to work tomorrow, he got vetoed. Just too tired today to stay up that late during the work week. In any case, by the time we got to the theatre to buy our tickets for tomorrow, all three midnight shows were sold out.

Personally, I will enjoy the movie, but I am more excited about the fact that the seventh book is 11 short days away. And yes, we have our copy reserved, and are going to a party that night at the book store. Photos will be taken, and we will be staying up very late, following a tradition that we started when the fifth book was released. When we get home, I'll read the first couple of chapters aloud until either my son falls asleep, or my voice gives out.

So, while I am glad to get to see the movie tomorrow, the real anticipation is for the book. And if you haven't read the books, and have only seen the movies, you are missing something extraordinary.

No comments: