Monday, November 07, 2005

At times like these, I wish I were two people.

And so, in two weeks, we will embark on Thanksgiving break. What does this mean for me? Well, the labs are going to be closed, for one thing. My son will still be in school, so this is the perfect time to get a head start on my holiday baking.

Except I really, really need to diet. Badly. How does a girl gain 10 pounds in a little over two weeks??? I am ready to call the doctor and make an appointment. Seriously.

Oh wait, I know... it's all of the Halloween candy, and the Cheesecake Factory, and the not-eating-right-because-I-was-busy. This week will be different. I have made my menus for the week, and did the grocery shopping, so there is no good reason why I would have to give in and eat junk. No reason.

I am taking the rest of the leftover candy from work to our troop meeting tonight. Let the kids and their higher metabolism feast on the sugar laden stuff. Not me. I am turning over a new leaf! I am going to take the stairs at work (as long as it's only two flights), and will start walking in the evening after dinner. This trend to gain WILL be DEFEATED!!!!

Coincidentally, a couple of my friends have also said that they had recently put on weight, and then there is another, who stopped dieting, and did not gain back a single pound. Jealous!!!!!

No comments: