Monday, November 28, 2005

The Star of Controversy


The Star of Controversy
Originally uploaded by jennifergeek.

Funny story...

My mother had been searching high and low for something to put over the fireplace in the new addition. Awhile ago, my sister saw this star in the window of a shop in Ames. A week ago Saturday, when my mom was in town to help with a baby shower, my sister decided to take Mom to the shop to see it.

When they got there, it was no longer in the window, but they decided to go in to the store to see if they could find something else. Luck of luck, the shop had another.

When my mom finally got back home, she was excited to show Dad the star.

He was less than thrilled. "This is just for the season, right?" he asked as he precariously perched on a ladder to hang the star.

"No, it's perfect there. It's staying up all year," my mom replied.

"Oh."

You know the whole deal with "The Lamp" in A Christmas Story?

Battlelines were drawn, albeit friendly lines...

No comments: