Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Okay, so that probably wasn't interesting to anyone but me.

But this might be.

I posted the "request" sheet for DASH Movies and Popcorn this afternoon. Every semester, we have 24 hour labs during 10 days between the Wednesday before dead week, and the Wednesday of finals week. We pick three movies per night, and they are shown informally on the plasma screen in the fourth floor crit space, just outside the labs. We have a popcorn machine, and make free popcorn, and the movies are there for students to take a quick break and watch a bit of a favorite.

I take requests, because I never know what good movies the students will suggest that I may not have considered, or had forgotten about. I always pick out one key movie that kicks the whole thing off, and that forms the basis of my movie poster for the festival.

This year, I am having problems picking a main movie.

I usually pick something that has just been released on video, and that I happen to own. This year, I have a couple of different movies that I can choose from, but nothing that screams, "Pick me! Pick me!"

The poster has be done before Thanksgiving break, as DASH begins the Wednesday after we get back.

I already know what two of the nights will be: 80's night, because that is a tradition, and a massive movie marathon of a certain six-part movie saga whose final episode just came out on DVD (saving that for a Sunday).

Beyond that, I have no idea at this point. I think I am just going to have to try to watch as many new movies between now and then, and see if anything grabs me. Oh, and we may have to show the Battlestar Galactica mini-series, too.

Any suggestions from my massive pool of readers?

2 comments:

nerdrium said...

Real Genius. Or Better Off Dead.

"I want my two dollars!"

:)

G.--

Anonymous said...

Showed "Real Genius" before, and could not find "Better Off Dead" last semester, anywhere in town. Good suggestions, though. I am going to see if BOffD is out on DVD yet, then maybe it might be around somewhere...
-jennifer