Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Cold. Ice. Snow.

Well, it had to happen sometime.

It is snowing. Saturday, we had NINE tornados go through central Iowa. Today, we have lots of snow, slush, and a chill that just won't let up.

I am normally pretty adapted to the cold weather by this time of year. However, with the unseasonably warm weather, there hasn't been a chance to get used to it yet. My fingers are like ice, and the windows don't seem to be holding out the cold as well as they used to.

I made homemade vegetable beef soup tonight for supper. My son refuses to eat it, so he had ravioli. I ate way too much soup, which is okay, as the beef was fairly lean, and the soup is more vegetables than anything. It turned out really good this time, too. Which is good, since I will be eating it for the next month or so.

Like I said, it makes a large batch, and I am the only one here who will eat it.

In any case, I am not looking forward to tomorrow morning. I cannot find my gloves, which is weird, considering I wore them just last week. I also cannot find my son's gloves. He wore those last month when camping. He refuses to wear gloves or a hat to school. He will, however, wear the scarf I clumsily knitted for him. Weird.

In any case, I should have some that will do for tomorrow, if only I can remember what I did with them... I only have about 5 pairs around here somewhere...

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Okay, found my son's good, waterproof gloves, and a hat for him to wear. My gloves are, I think, in my snow covered car. I have two options: 1. wear the one glove that I can find, or 2. wear my elbow length princess gloves (elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist)...

hmmm...