Saturday, November 26, 2005

Hanging Out

So, yesterday afternoon, as I was finishing work on mom's computer, my sister Mallory finally got home from working at Target.

Yep, she worked the insane 5:45 am to 3:00 shift, the day after Thanksgiving.

She survived.

We ended up decided to stay an extra day to spend more time with her, because she slept all day Thanksgiving, reviving long enough to eat dinner with us, and to take a bath while we were cleaning up after.

As I was about half-through the pile of dishes that would not fit in the dishwasher, I was waiting for hot water to come out so I could rinse a bowl. As it slowly turned ice cold, mom and I realized that she had taken all of the hot water. Fun, huh?

In any case, we decided to make dinner for everyone last night, as she had a craving for my oven-fried chicken and potatoes and gravy. She wanted my type of gravy, so we ran to the grocery store and spent waaayyyy too much on two gravy packets (hello, $1.47 for one McCormick chicken gravy mix?????? It's, like, 87 cents here, and usually on sale for 67...). We also rented two movies with the goal to stay up late, talk and watch movies.

Around 6:00, the phone rang. It was friends of the family, including my best friend from elementary school. They ended up coming over for about an hour, and we talked and caught up. She rode out Wilma at her brother's house, which ended up being a good idea. Florida is gorgeous, but I don't know if I could handle hurricane season.

Well, that's it for this post. I have lunch in the oven, then we are going to go shopping for a new Christmas tree, and maybe a new winter coat for me. My son also has $23 burning a hole in his pocket. He cashed in his change jar yesterday at the bank. He wants to go to Game Stop to look at what they have for used games.

Should be a fun afternoon!

No comments: