Friday, November 18, 2005

Waiting for Mr. Potter

I goofed. Big time.

Yesterday, I planned on getting our tickets for the new Harry Potter movie. We even nearly decided to get them last night while running errands, but I did not want to fight the normal evening rush of people at the box office. So, I decided to get them over lunch today.

Except I got to the theater and discovered that the box office did not open until 3 pm, and the doors were all locked (despite a sign saying that we could purchase tickets inside). So, I decided that we'd have to come back after work, get our tickets for the 6:40 show, and go eat dinner while we waited.

Right....

We got there at 5:05 pm, and all four early shows were sold out. The only tickets we could get were for the 10:05 show tonight, or wait until tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately, we have plans for both tomorrow and Sunday afternoon, so I bought the 10:05 tickets.

Now it's just a matter of staying awake long enough to both remember that we have to leave at 8:45, and to be able to stay awake through the whole movie.

There is also that little niggling feeling in my brain that I am a BAD BAD BAD mother for taking my eleven year old to the 10:05 show. But then again I took him to the midnight release party at Hastings for the sixth book...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Movies 12 lets you order tix online now. :)

jennifer said...

credit card only, i presume?

Anonymous said...

Well, or ATM card. hehhehe.. it works pretty slick. I now some people dont like giving their atm / debit cards online, but it is very convenient.

Saw the movie today, was good. :)

jennifer said...

Hmmm, that's good to know that it's possible, but I think I'd rather stay away from giving out a debit card number online... (got to get back to watching the "Battlestar Galactica" miniseries, I can hear a "Mom, you're missing the BEST PART!" from the other room.)