Sunday, March 25, 2007

How to tell when you are really tired...

I managed to keep my eyes open until a little after 10:30 last night. When I went to bed, I set the alarm for a luxurious 8:00 am.

When the alarm went off this morning, I turned it off, stretched, rolled over, and went back to sleep. "Just a couple minutes..."

I woke up at 9:33.

It is so nice out today that I can't believe I just wasted an extra hour and a half asleep. I must have needed it, though.

In any case, here is the list for this Sunday:

1. Unload dishwasher, and load the rest of the dishes from last night.
2. Clean kitchen.
3. Have my son take out the garbage.
4. Eat breakfast.
5. Pick up living room.
6. Dust.
7. Vacuum.
8. Make my son clean up his room.
9. Work on making the test braid for trim on a new set of sleeves and forepart (rust colored duponi silk - ravels too much, and I may have to recalculate the original width of the 3 yard strips. I made them too narrow to turn inside out. I am still using the strips, just to see how well the braid turns out, and how hard it will be to braid something that long. These braided stips will create a diamond shaped lattice, with pearls or other beads at the joints. It should turn out really pretty.
10. Finish tracing off pattern pieces for the other 3 costumes I have to make (2 are already traced and just about ready to go, besides drafting out darts. Darts just do not look right on these costumes).
11. I was thinking of making pot roast for supper. It's a huge mess, though. But it is soooo good. I nearly have my recipe perfected. Of course, it ended up being so warm out, that I may just freeze the roast and save it for another time...

So, that's the plan for the day. I am going to go work on #4.

No comments: