Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sad news

There were a lot of things that I wanted to say in this post, but the words just aren't there right now. So, I'll quote this bit from JP, over at AtTheFaire.com:

8:07 PM - Loss of a friend, Brad Nelson ("King Oberon"). (posted by JohnPaul )
It is with great sadness that I have to post another sad news item. Apparently, our friend Brad Nelson passed away last Tuesday from Asthma complications. Brad was known in and around Iowa as "King Oberon," the faery king, along with his family. A photo of him is on the opening page of this site, and you may have seen him last year at the Des Moines Renaissance Faire:

Brad and Tina

...or playing the Tin Woodsman at the Pumpkin Festival, or even as Father Christmas at the Clear Lake Iowa Victorian event. If you've been to any of these events, you'll no doubt know who I speak of.

Things just won't be quite the same.

Here's the best photo that I have of Brad.


Here's a health to the company and one to my lass
Let us drink and be merry all out of one glass
Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain
For we may and might never all meet here again

No comments: