Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Progress, of a sort

I've had a hard time getting started on sewing the trim to my red bodice. I have everything cut and prepared, but the only work done so far has been to sew four strips of trim into two strips that will run down either side of the front opening.

Considering the fact that the telethon is Saturday night, and I need this costume ready to wear, it was time to get to work. So, I sat down at around 9:30, after South Park, and started.

I had forgotten how hard it would be to sew the trim near the opening edge, due to the presence of two pieces of steel on each edge. I need a curved needle to make this easier, but since the only one I have is for upholstry, I am going to have to make do with my straight needles. Patience is the key.

I'm done for tonight, though. Too tired, and I don't want to make a mistake I'll have to rip out later.

No comments: