Saturday, May 06, 2006

Brief note, then back to work!

My son's garb is finished. Yes, I resorted to an iron-on adhesive to put the sun on his tabard, but it looks good from far away, and can be redone later if it does not wear well.

I am close on my sleeves. I will be adding the pearl and gold bead decoration to just the upper sleeves (one down, one to go, and it is gorgeous!). I have to sew down the binding on the lower sleeves yet, and add lacing rings (plus figure out how long to make the laces, and get them tied securely). Then, I am finished. I even had time to turn up the hem on my chemise, and trim any loose threads.

So, if I make myself go to bed at midnight, I have a solid two and a half hours to work. I can finish sewing on lacing rings in the car if I have to...

No comments: