Monday, May 08, 2006

Cursed

Okay, lunch was an experience.

Ended up leaving Taco Bell because it was taking too long, and the guy messed up while taking my order. The manager card would not swipe so he could fix the problem. He was going to have to charge me for 3 steak soft tacos, instead of the two that I had ordered if he could not fix it. I very politely told him that I didn't have time to wait now, because I had to be back at work in 8 minutes (we only get 30 minutes in the summer).

I decided to just drive to Wendy's. Halfway there, at a stop light, my car died! I look at the feul gauge - EMPTY! I say a quick Hail Mary, and turn the key. It starts, and I drive quickly to the Phillips 66 near the Wendy's and put $10 worth of gas in the car.

At Wendy's, I place my order, and pull up to the window. I go to hand the $10 bill to the cashier, and it is blown out of my hand!!! And it was my last $10, because I had spent the other $10 on gas! I chased it down, luckily, as my stomach was growling terribly. I ended up having to pull ahead to wait for my chicken strips, too.

But, I ended up back at work, safe and sound, although a bit late (I usually just stay the extra half hour in the summer anyway).

Hopefully, that's it for the bad luck today...

No comments: