Saturday, May 13, 2006

Of Mother's Day and Daisies

Every mother's day, I buy my mother a Gerbera daisy, usually hot pink (because that's my favorite). Every year, I plan on buying one or more for myself, too, but since they are sort of expensive, and very popular, I usually end up not being able to find more than one. And I give it to her.

Last year, I gave it to her more because my sister was graduating, and two weeks before graduation, they had a terrible hail storm that knocked the blooms off of every flower in the yard (and just about ruined the brand new roof on the house). She was able to find a couple of white ones at the nursery, but all of the beautiful, colorful ones were long since sold. That beautiful flower had a place of honor on the dessert table.

This year, I forgot to get her one. They have them in Hy-Vee for about $16, which is a full ten dollars more than they usually are. I may have to go Wal-mart tomorrow and try to find one there. She won't care if it is in a plain container. She loves them that much.

What do you do for your mother?

No comments: