Tuesday, May 16, 2006

If you could only see me now...

You would see me with my hair up in a clip, waering a t-shirt that is two sizes too large, baggy J-Lo pants, no socks, and nicely exhausted from working hard on costume stuff all evening, and with a smile on my face.

Yes, I am happy to have gotten so much done!

Very productive evening, despite a major miscalculation on my yellow overskirt - the gingham I am using for the cartridge pleating, while light in color, is still darker than the yellow, and it shows through. Not quite sure what to do, yet, but I think I may make up something quick to go over that part. I also ended up having to redraft the sheriff's doublet pattern, again, because I realized that I had messed up on which pattern piece needed 5/8 in. taken off, and which needed it added. Luckily, I realized it before I cut fabric, or I would have not been quite so happy tonight. I have four different versions of this pattern now. ;)

I am taking a break before cutting out the lining to the doublet. It is good to take a break, as it lessens the chance of mistakes. I have more than enough of the lining material to redo things if I have to, but it is better to get it right the first time around. Then, after I fit the lining, I can cut out the outer fabric, and be well on the way to getting it finished.

I am always happy to have something to work on!!!

update: the doublet lining is cut out, and as I bought way too much broadcloth to use as lining, the remainder is more than enough to allow a black overskirt or scarf-type thing to hide the gingham problem with the yellow skirt...

No comments: