Thursday, May 04, 2006

Getting nowhere

The last two evenings, I have had very specific goals.

One of those goals is to get my son a haircut. Yesterday, we were thwarted by two things: 1) I had to stay at work an extra hour, and 2) it was going to be a minimum of an hour wait at Great Clips (and since it was already six, and we hadn't eaten yet, that wasn't an option).

Tonight, we had somewhere to be at 7, for an hour. One hour turned into 2 hours, and we didn't get home until after 9. My son had homework, and didn't get to bed until 9:45. I picked up around the house, cleaned part of the bathroom, and in general, attempted to put things back into shape.

My other main goal for the night was to get the sleeves done for my dress. All of the parts are cut out, and I've got the lining and fabric of the upper sleeves sewn together with black satin ribbon for the binding. One of the uppers is finished, except for lacing rings and the pearl decorations. What is bugging me is that it took about an hour to hand sew the binding on just one sleeve, and I have THREE more to go...

I may not get these totally done...

No comments: