Monday, May 01, 2006

You would think that after tossing and turning after being awaken at 3am, I'd have given up trying to stay awake hours ago...

Instead, I did everything I needed to do tonight, plus did the Movies and Popcorn thing at work, then went to a meeting, THEN took my son to JoAnn fabrics and forced him to pick out a manly trim for his King Arthur tabard. Once I got home, I finished the edges of the underskirt panel, gathered it into a length of ribbon to protect it from fraying, then proceeded to finish hemming my dress, and sewing up the back. Officially, all I have left to do with my dress is to attach the underskirt to the dress, hem it to length, then add the ribbons and pearls. The sleeves can wait.

I also picked up the fabric paint for the sun emblem my son's tabard. I still need to add the trim around all of the edges. Luckily, we found a very simple black trim with geometric gold embroidery. It was actually in the ribbon section. I bought two spools, 3 yards each, for a little over six dollars. Buying by the yard would have been much more expensive. Unfortunately, this trim will probably have to be removed when I wash the tabard, as it will likely bleed. Yuck. I am going to paint the emblem on a piece of fabric, and sew the fabric to the tabard. That way, if I mess up, I don't ruin the actual garment. I wanted to applique the emblem, but time is very short.

Okay, I think that I have reached my limit... Time to get some sleep... oh... the coconut! Crap. One more trip to the grocery store tomorrow...

No comments: