Monday, May 08, 2006

I dreamt of running, a tornado, and a baby that was maybe my niece, but a lot younger.

I didn't manage to stay up past 9:30 last night. I turned back the quilt on my bed, set up my pillows so that I could read, and didn't even get the book opened when I decided to just go to sleep.

Weird dreams all night...

I was back in my hometown. I was running barefoot, on the road between our church and home, but the road was gravel instead of paved. I was running just for fun, and kept thinking to myself how glad I was to be running again (which is weird, because I never was a jogger).

Then, I was in the church parking lot with my family. We were milling around with a bunch of other people I didn't recognize, when the sky got dark, and it looked like someone stuck a photograph of a tornado in the sky to the north, and then it slammed into motion.

I was holding a baby girl. I don't know if she belonged to one of my sisters, or to me, but she was a relative. I cradled her close, and ran into the church, to the furnace room. Everyone else was going to the wrong place, so I was yelling, trying to get them to go to the right shelter. They finally listened. The baby just kept sleeping peacefully.

I took the baby to the bathroom, and made Kim and my nephew go there, too, because the furnace room grew too big to be safe. When we were in the bathroom, older ladies in wheelchairs were wheeled in, too.

I woke up when the tornado hit the building.

Weird.

No comments: