Saturday, October 21, 2006

Another Saturday...

What I finished today:

1. Cleaned out the refrigerator.
2. Ran the dishwasher twice (once this morning after breakfast, because I forgot to run it last night, and once after cleaning out the refrigerator).
3. Took out the garbage.
4. Helped my mom solve a computer problem over the phone. In Win2K Pro.
5. Helped my son clean his room. Secret to getting cooperation: We set the timer. 15 minutes of cleaning, then 15 minutes of a DVD, in this case Over the Hedge. Repeat until finished. Took us a total of 45 minutes to clean his room. Multiply that by two of us, and we got 90 minutes of work done. He was very happy with the results. One huge box of stuffed animals to go into storage at my mom and dad's house. Everything else, to my surprise, actually was able to fit in the closet, on the shelves, or in storage containers in his room. We did not take the time to sort, which I will regret later, but I know that nothing new is going to be added.
6. Lunch
7. I made chocolate chip muffins. And ate enough that I did not eat supper, and still feel fuller than I could have believed possible.
8. Bubble bath, and pampering session! Favorite Saturday afternoon treat!
9. Designed a new court gown. I'd like two more gowns before next year's DM Faire, and for any other court events. If I watch for sales and really take my time selecting fabrics, I can do this for under $100 each. Spread out over months, this will be more affordable. Plus, I can really add those details that make a court gown worthy of being a court gown.

What I did not do:

1. Laundry. Ug. This means I have to do laundry tomorrow.
2. Vacuum or dust. I could dust in less than 15 minutes, so this really is just a case of laziness. Okay, Now I have to dust before bed... I just can't stand it.
3. Shopping. I had two 50% off coupons for JoAnn fabrics. One good Friday, one good on Saturday. I was fully planning on going today and getting a bolt of fabric with the coupon. Only at the time I was planning this, I did not have a design yet, or any other projects in mind. I resisted the urge to add to the fabric stash without a clear purpose for the fabric. They were also having a pattern sale, but for crying out loud, I have so many patterns. The only reason for buying them is that they seem to discontinue the good ones at an alarming rate. Better to buy them at 99-cents than to need it later and have to order it from the company at $12. Oh well, I think the patterns are on sale tomorrow, too.

So, more done than not done. More done than I thought I had done.

Then why do I feel like I wasted a Saturday?

No comments: