Sunday, October 08, 2006

Good Day

This morning, I slept in. I had gone to bed early last night, and did not set the alarm. I didn't move until close to 8:30 this morning.

I made up our menu for the week, and the grocery list. I cleaned out the refrigerator, and took out the garbage. I took a really long bubble bath. I put on makeup, fixed my hair, and went to the store to get groceries.

After lunch, I took a nap.

Ordinary things, yes, but wonderful all for all of their ordinariness.

My son spent the day moving vast armies across the screen of his computer, and then across his bedroom floor. He watched movies, and did homework.

We finally turned on the Battlestar Galactica season premiere tape from Friday night.

Wow.

This is going to be interesting.

I fully intend to spend the rest of the evening on the couch with a good book, before going to bed early again tonight. I am in serious need of rest, in mind and body. I am feeling pretty much back to my normal self.

Life is good.

No comments: