Sunday, October 01, 2006

More fun, big pain...

The wedding yesterday was small, but gorgeous! My cousin looked beautiful, the bridesmaids dresses were stunning, and the bride and groom looked very happy.

ZThe reception was extremely fun! Incredible smoked Iowa Chops, lots of side dishes, good cake, and punch. The dancing was a little too much fun. :) I danced waaaayyy too much, and probably worked off every bit of food and drink that I had in the course of the evening (I limited myself to two drinks.... and then had most of a third for some reason). My mom ended up driving home (she made the comment that the Nieland women always end up driving home - very true! I only had a drink because I knew I wasn't driving home). Mom danced the night away with all of us girls, and I learned three new dances thanks to Kim.

Later, as we were helping clean up, my sister Mallory lost one of her shoes just as I was walking past. I cut the big toe on my right foot on her heel. Ouch! It hurt so bad... It kept bleeding, and finally one of the bar tenders found the first aid kit just as my Aunt Trish produced a bandaid from her purse (she has two sons, 8 and 5, so she IS a walking first aid kit ;). Of course, I was wearing my favorite shoes, and the strap goes right across the cut toe. If only I had been wearing my shoes instead of carrying them, I would not have been cut. It still hurts.

But, it was still fun!!!

Pictures will follow!

Anyway, it is a gorgeous day! Dad made a big breakfast this morning. Mom and I are going to make some freobel stars for her Christmas tree. Then I am going to take a walk with the camera. After lunch, we are going to paint the front of the house, because it needs it all of a sudden (she decided this on Friday night), and because it may be one of the last days it is nice. We are also going to visit my grandma and grandpa later (it's his birthday today).

So, all in all, a very full, very fun weekend.

Well, except for that painting thing...

No comments: