Monday, October 23, 2006

Prepare for non-stop work

Tomorrow, I will be staying home with a sick child. I will very specifically be making sure that he drinks enough fluids, and that his fever doesn't get too high. Since this is the flu, he will not be going to the doctor's office unless his fever gets over 102°F. Too contagious. It was the same for the chicken pox (for the love of God, don't bring him in to expose the entire waiting room full of kids. I wish more people would listen.).

So, I will be stuck at home, basically attending to the every whim of my poor, sick child.

You know he's going to abuse the situation...

If I had someone taking care of me when I was sick, I'd do the same. Since I don't, I have to suck it up and keep things going. Okay, that one time this summer, my son did make me butter toast for lunch. And it worked! Magic toast!

Anyway, I have decided that I am going to sort boxes of crap from my closet tomorrow. It will keep me busy. I may even set up a little costuming challenge for myself. Something that involves hand-finishing, so that I have something to do on these cold, fall nights, when I am sitting on the couch watching TV like a loser.

Yeah, tomorrow is gonna suck.

No comments: