Thursday, October 19, 2006

Normal Day

Nothing too earth shattering to report here.

The twelve-year-old is working on dividing decimals. He was having a hard time of it earlier today, as he missed math class thanks to trombone lessons. I hate it that they pull the kids out of classes to have music lessons, but there just aren't enough hours in the day. They rotate which classes they miss, which helps, but I wish I could request that he not miss math. He's struggled with math for quite awhile, but now he's finally making progress, and is extremely proud that he is getting a B+ so far. I would hate to see that progress halted because of missing class.

We went to the library tonight, to return movie and books, and get more (I ended up with four sewing books, but not the couture technique book that I wanted). On the way home, my son asked if I knew any Chuck Norris jokes. "Well, yeah, but not many clean ones..." He did get a kick out of this one: "Chuck Norris' tears can cure cancer. Too bad he never cries." I know, overdone, but it was the only one I could think of. When he asked, all of the naughty ones popped into my head, and that's the only clean one I could remember.

After he finished laughing, he says, "Who is Chuck Norris, anyway?"

No comments: