Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I need to laugh...

Seriously. If you have anything funny to share, please share it. I am a firm believer in the healing power of laughter. This is why I try to laugh as much as possible.

Life moves on, regardless of what has happened to us individually. If I were around my family right now, I would be doing better than I am, but I am by myself. My son is still wrapped up in his own world and routines, and is like any kid.

What I really need is a good laugh, and then a good cry. While I have been on the verge all week, it just hasn't come out yet. I'm just overwhelmed by everything that has happened in the last few days, and by grandma being sick again. It's just too much.

And that, my friends, is why I need to laugh.

3 comments:

dive said...

Can't think of anything funny at the moment, so here's a crap joke:

What's brown and sticky?
… A stick …

Okay, so it's not funny, but if you don't start laughing soon, I'm gonna come over there and start tickling you!

nerdrium said...

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says "hey, why the long face?"

A skeleton walks into a bar. He looks at the bartender and says "Give me a beer. And a mop."

A pirate walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder and a steering wheel coming out of his pants. He sits at the bar and orders a rum. The bartender says "hey, I can't help but noticing that you have a steering wheel coming out of your pants..." The pirate says "Arrrgh, and it's drivin' me nuts!"

Ah, this may very well be good therapy. I'm in a bad mood today as well....

G.--

Unknown said...

I was walking from my front door to the Metro to come to work tonight, and a homeless-lloking guy stops me.

"Can you spare some money, even just a nickel?"

"I really have no cash on me. I have to go to the ATM tonight."

Short back and forth until he realizes I'm serious.

"Do you have a lighter?"

"That I have. I can light that smoke for you."

"Can I have the lighter?"

"Uhhh ... no?"

"I'll give you a dollar for it."

Didn't this guy need a nickel like 30 seconds ago?

Tragi-comic, I guess.