Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Week in the life...

This is how yesterday evening went:

1. get home from work
2. Immediately start dinner
3. Make dinner
4. eat dinner
5. Clean up dinner, dishwasher is already full and running. Dishes done the old-fashioned way.
6. dishes interrupted by non-cooperative pre-teen griping about homework. can't help right now - dishes to do, calendars to print before leaving for 7pm meeting.
7. Finally, dishes done. late.
8. I have got to get a usb printer, so i can leave the old mac serial laser printer behind, so I don't have to network to the old g3 printer host, only to discover that I hadn't put acrobat reader on it yet.
9. Scrap calendar printing idea. get ready for meeting.
10. get home from meeting
11. Crash. Hard. Because it is after 9. Except I can't, because I have to help my son with his homework questions. Because they don't have a flippin' math textbook to look stuff up in. MIC Math sucks beyond all reason. I want REAL math textbooks, so we can look in an index, and read the explanation of the way to solve the problems. No wonder he's struggling. It's been like this for years. He is finally getting a B+ in math, but it has been a nightmare.
12. Read for 30 minutes before going bonkers, and going to sleep.

Tuesday:

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Except different meeting, 2 hours long. Oh, and the dishwasher was empty, and I ran it before I left home tonight. And the homework was done while I was gone, so no homework crisis.

Wednesday looks to be almost exactly the same. No time between work and meetings to get anything other than dinner done. I am getting a cold, and my mouth is dry. Yuck.

Thursday looks a little better...

Friday - BATTLESTAR GALACTICA NIGHT!

No comments: