Thursday, October 26, 2006

Busy

Today was the total opposite of yesterday.

Today I:

1. Went to work,
2. Helped my son with the menus and grocery list for the campout,
3. Took my son to the scout room to double-check gear, and make sure that the correct equipment was pulled,
4. Did the grocery shopping for the campout,
5. Picked up the key to the place we are going for the campout and dropped off the check,
6. Carried the groceries into the house and put them away,
7. Started a load of laundry,
8. Reminded my son three times to do homework.

And the evening is not over yet. I am going to pack my suitcase, and get our sleeping bags and stuff out of the closet. Tomorrow, I have to go buy two of those disposable pans for the lasagna, and some ice after work. Busy, busy, busy...

3 comments:

dive said...

Disposable pans?
Buying ice?

I'll never understand America …

jennifer said...

LOL, ice is for the picnic cooler to keep the meat, cheese, and milk/OJ cold for the campout (no refrigerator at the place).

The disposable aluminum pans are meant for one use only, and are pretty cheap (about $2.50 US for 2). I did not want to bring my nice glass baking dishes, because they will get broken. Our troop does not have large baking pans, because normally we cook over camp stoves, charcoal, or campfire. We have access to an oven at the cabin we are going to, so we are using the pans in the real oven instead of the three dutch ovens, with charcoal, it would normally take. We are going to use a dutch oven for the dessert, however (cherry cobbler). Loads of fun!

dive said...

Mmmm … cherry cobbler … I'm really hungry now.

Thanks for the explanations, and have a lovely time.