Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I thought yesterday was... interesting.

Today was even more interesting.

Here is a rundown:

1. Two injuries: Got a fingertip under a 70lb Dell when trying to put it on its side, in order to see if the power supply cable was crimped. Ouch. After lunch, when taking off my coat, I slammed my right hand into the metal ladder that I had neglected to put back in the lighting studio. Hit the back of my hand right at the second knuckle. It was numb and painful for over an hour, but nothing is broken. It is bruised and a bit swollen. Made typing and using the mouse very fun...

2. Had to clean out the laser cutter filter. Charcoal everywhere. Yuck.

3. Three and a half hours spent being a detective. Left work over an hour late.

4. When leaving work, I reached my hand into my nice wool, winter coat, and pulled out a bunch of kleenex. Nestled in the kleenex was a Raspberry Smirnoff Ice bottlecap (one of my favorites, BTW). Now, I can't remember the last time I wore this coat before today. I definitely did not wear it out to a bar, because I do not go out to bars (besides, I wouldn't want it to get smokey smelling). I don't drink much at all, and I can't even think of a social occasion where I would have had a drink, and then put that cap in my pocket. Plus, I was sick most of the last three months of winter and early spring. There is no way I would have had a drink then. Very curious.

5. Found out that the cast party for the Des Moines Renaissance Faire is scheduled for the same day that we are going camping. Very bummed out about that...

6. Missed South Park, because my son was still up and doing homework until 9:30 (he had religious ed tonight). I'll catch it tomorrow night.

All in all, I had a very, very busy day, from the moment the lab opened, until after I picked up my son. I am going to curl up with Cory Doctorow's Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom and then get to sleep.

No comments: