Friday, October 13, 2006

Well, this hardly seems fair.

I am feeling miserable right now. My cold has gotten steadily worse all day. This is the first free weekend we've had at home since July. I had all sorts of plans that did not include being stuck at home, sick with this cold.

In addition to this cold, there is something else that is bothering me. Yesterday, I ate a nice lunch, then was hungry less than an hour later. So, I had a snack at work. Potato salad from the Cafe, because I didn't want anything sugary. Twenty minutes later, I was starving again. So, I had a package of Trail Mix from the vending machine. That worked until supper, which was normal sized (one maidrite, with french fries, yum!). Dinner was over at about 6. By 8:30, I was starving again. This is not like me at all.

Today, was worse. I had a blueberry muffin for breakfast. I managed to not break down at 11, when I was starving again, and feeling that blood sugar drop. I had to return something to the library, so I decided to go out for lunch. I went to Culvers, and had a Butterburger basket. I ate every bite, which is also unusual for me (my son usually finished my fries). At 2, I was again starving, but I managed to wait until nearly 3:30 before running for the trail mix again. We just finished eating dinner. In fact, I just finished loading the dishwasher.

I feel like I didn't even eat anything, and am contemplating a bowl of cereal, if we had any without sugar in it. It's to the point where I am ticked off at being hungry again, because all I wanted to do was take some sudafed and doze on the couch for awhile. I can't think of any reason why, other than that it's been really cold here the last couple of days. Maybe my cavelady instincts are taking over, and she wants me to get fat.

Anyway, I'm off to go find something else to eat. This is ridiculous...

No comments: