Saturday, October 21, 2006

Gloomy Day

I am trying to get motivated to start on my Saturday morning chores. My iPod Shuffle is charged up and ready to go. We are tackling my son's room today. That's probably why I am stalling. He has a lot of stuff that he no longer needs that should go into storage. Except we have no storage. My preference would be for about half of the toys in his room to go to Goodwill by the end of today. Realistically, I don't know if we'll purge that much stuff.

It literally has been two years since we have bought anything other than a video game, a book or a bionicle when it was not his birthday or Christmas. We have been fighting to not add to the clutter, and have been mostly successful. We got rid of a lot of stuff at the garage sale this summer. What didn't sell went straight to Goodwill. But there is still too much stuff.

The only problem with doing this is that it messes up the living room. There is no where to put this stuff while organizing. In addition, my son's room is really small. It's a huge challenge.

So, I am limiting the time spent on this project to 90 minutes. No more. I had better get started.

No comments: