Saturday, January 27, 2007

Busy, busy

I have been working on and off all day on the sleeve pattern variations. After I corrected my previous mistake of not matching up the seam allowance lines before drawing the diagonals, I made quick progress in getting the pieces drafted and cut out. It's amazing how much you can get done while waiting for the dryer to finish. :)

After several interruptions, I started working on the second variation I wanted to draft. The previous variation kept the paned nature of the sleeves intact, meaning that there were three panels, each with 8 separate pieces (24 pieces, total. What was I thinking?). The pieces will be pearl trimmed at the edge, and will be joined at each corner with a larger pearl.

For the second variation, the diagonals are still there, but the shape of the sleeve is whole. I will join the panels at the corners, and in two other places, to mimic the position of the panels, and to keep them from spreading. I am thinking that I may join them with quads, although it will take some time to make them. There are nine pieces to this pattern.

So, everything is drafted, numbered, and sorted. I just have to cut out the pattern pieces, and get started on a mockup to make sure that this is going to work. I am pretty sure it will, but I don't want to waste any good fabric on something that may not quite work.

I'll post pictures...

1 comment:

dive said...

Thanks for that last sentence (I thought I was going to have to beg).