Sunday, January 14, 2007

Massive Lasagna Production

Okay, so I had the ingredients to make lasagna on my shopping list. I am making a combination of my sister Nan's "Man-catching Lasagna"*, and our scout dutch oven lasagna recipe. When I went to get the spagetti sauce that Nan uses, they had only the economy sized jar left in the traditional flavor. So, I decided to make a double-batch, then cut up the leftovers and freeze them.

I have all available baking dishes dusted out and ready to be filled with lasagna. I am not sure how much sauce this will make. I am just substituting the spaghetti sauce for the tomato sauce and paste in our normal recipe, and am adding cottage cheese and ricotta cheese to the cheddar and mozarella cheese normally used in the scout recipe. I am also using ground turkey rather than ground beef. I will add onions to the ground turkey when it is almost done.

So, I may end up with more lasagna than could feed a hungry troop, but it will be nice to be able to pull out a couple of servings from the freezer for dinner every once in awhile.

It's going to be yummy!

* This is Nan's name for the lasagna. Whether or not it what actually made her husband propose is debateable, but it is damn good lasagna.

No comments: