Sunday, January 14, 2007

Goooooood lasagna....

Wow. The lasagna turned out really, really good. So good, that my son said it's the best he's ever tasted. The batch of sauce I made was enough for 9x13 cake pans (glass). My son ate two huge pieces, and I managed a piece and a half (almost. I just couldn't eat another bite.). We have a pan and a half (+a half-piece) left.

Here is the recipe, in case you are interested. I use no-boil noodles, to make it easier.

2 lbs ground turkey
1 medium yellow onion - diced
1 3 lb jar of Prego Traditional Style spaghetti sauce (this is the large jar - get two normal sized jars if you can't find this size)
3 cups shredded mozarella cheese
3 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
16 oz. ricotta cheese
16 oz. cottage cheese
Martha Gooch lasagna noodle - uncooked

Brown the ground turkey. You may want to add a bit of water to the turkey, as it is pretty lean. Add the onions, and cook until the onions are transluscent.

While the turkey is cooking, prepare the sauce. Mix the spaghetti sauce, cheddar, ricotta, and cottage cheese until blended. Add half of the package of mozarella cheese (the other half is for the topping), and mix. When the turkey is finished cooking, drain any juices, and mix the turkey with the sauce.

In two, 13 x 19 baking dishes, spread a layer of sauce on the bottom. Add a layer of lasagna noodles. Spread a layer of sauce on top of the noodles. Repeat until the sauce is gone (should be two layers of noodles in each dish). Cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 350°F for an hour. Uncover, and spread the rest of the mozarella in each dish. Bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let the lasagna sit 10 minutes before serving.

Crazy good... I wish I weren't so full, so I could have more!

No comments: