Friday, January 26, 2007

Day, Interrupted

Today was an interesting day. At work, I ran like crazy to try to get everything done that needed to be done. Some things were left partially done, due to interruptions, or appointments. Lunch was late, due to helping someone, and short due to another appointment.

At 1:30, I went back to my office, and I had a voice mail message. While trying to retrieve the message, I had a knock on my door from someone needing help. After telling them I would be with them in a moment, I checked my voice mail, and had several messages within a few minutes of each other, from my son's school, saying that he was sick, and needed to go home.

So, there I was, with several things unfinished, and I of course had no choice but to drop everything and go pick up my son (upset stomach and a fever).

...

Oh the joys of stomach flu... Sorry, just got interrupted by a "Mom!" followed by a pan that needed to be emptied... At least he hit the pan. Okay gross. But, when you are a parent, you do what's gotta be done.

I gotta go wash some towels now.

No comments: