Friday, January 26, 2007

Update from the Geek Girl Medical Clinic

The twelve-year-old is begging for more food. Specifically, he wants me to make him green beans with cheese sauce.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

No way do I want to see what that looks like on the way up.

He had some chicken broth made with boullion cubes, some water, some diet 7-up, and a couple of ounces of strawberry jello (which he didn't like). We spread that out over a fairly long period of time, just to make sure nothing comes back up. Tomorrow, he can have a little toast for breakfast, and by lunch he should be able to handle chicken noodle soup and crackers.

He is camped out on the couch, with the big soup pot (that I never use), on a towel right beside him. He fell asleep pretty early, so I am stuck in my room for now. I hope that he doesn't get sick in the middle of the night. I am pretty tired, and I am not sure I'd hear him.

I am being extremely careful as far as hand-washing and cleaning go. I do not want to get this. I think everyone in town just keeps reinfecting everyone else. He was the seventh kid to go home sick with this today (out of over 1200 middle-schoolers). I think the town needs a disinfecting. :)

Okay, too tired to write anymore. I have worked liked crazy today, and am exhausted.

Good night!

No comments: