Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Two hours later...

If you can ignore the little things, you can keep your spirits on an even keel.

I fully expected to have to wait beyond 10:20 for my appointment. I arrived at 10:10, checked in at the business office, then went to the Adult Med area of the clinic. I waited patiently in line, and then gave my place to an older lady who was checking in her wheelchair-bound husband. She had a cane, and I couldn't see making her wait longer when she clearly needed to sit.

I managed to find a decent magazine, and before I knew it, it was 10:35, and I still hadn't been called. My eye was itching pretty badly, but I didn't want to touch it, because this stuff is highly contagious. No sense spreading the germs around the waiting room. Finally, I was called at about 10:50, a full 30 minutes after my appointment. Thank goodness for Time magazine, or I'd have been really, really bored.

The nurse took my blood pressure, which was a little higher than normal, but that can be explained by my inability to resist the potato chips (crisps, for our overseas readers) last night. Won't happen again.

Finally, i saw my doctor at about 11:05. Got my prescription, and went to Hy-Vee to get it filled. I finally got home a little before noon.

Just think if I had been really, really sick, rather than just this stupid pink eye crap...

No comments: