Saturday, January 13, 2007

Nine Hundred and One posts, and THIS is all I have to show for it?

Yep, unbeknownst to me, but knownst to blogger, I hit the big 900 with the last post. Cool! I ought to hit 1000 by the end of next month.

Anyway, I was able to go to the party this evening, and much fun was had by
all. Lots of great food, good conversation, and planning for this
year'sfaire. Meetings are starting in a few weeks!

Getting home... well, let's just say that it was an exercise in patience. It is
spitting rain or sleet or something right now. The windshield kept
icing over, except the area right above the defroster. I had the
windshield wipers on full speed, and every once in awhile, the ice
would break up a bit, and it would be clear for a few minutes. We never
went more than 45 mph, and neither did anyone else. It was hard to see
the edge of the road. I did not take the interstate home, because we
saw a wreck on one of the on-ramps, and because of the icing-over
windshield. The I-80/I-35 junction is difficult at best, and I did not
want to attempt it in the dark, with potentially slick roads, and while
not being able to see as clearly as I wished. I'm just cautious that
way. :) Better to take our time, than to end up in the ditch.

Okay, time to get some sleep. I was up early this morning, and will probably
try to get up early tomorrow morning, too. I have a bunch of things I
need to do, and a few I just want to do. It's supposed to snow more
tomorrow afternoon. We are actually under a winter storm watch...
correction! We are under a freezing rain advisory!!!!Eeek... I hope people are careful on the way home.

I guess I made the right choice for the route home.

No comments: