Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Can I just say again how cool it was that I got flowers today????

As soon as I got said flowers, which smelled heavenly BTW, I cleared off a spot on my desk so I could see them while I worked, either on my laptop or my desktop machine.

While I was helping a student, my boss walked by my window to check out the flowers and gave a thumbs up. Having made their way to the admin office, then up to my office, it seems like everyone knew that I got flowers. COOL!!!!!

But, more important than any flowers or candy, or anything anyone gave to anyone else today, is the thought that went into it. I couldn't have been more surprised if a singing gorilla had suddenly showed up in my office door, as I was when those flowers were delivered. I started laughing, and could not stop pretty much all afternoon.

Here's a little secret - those were the very first valentine's day flowers I've ever received. Ever.

So tonight, while we ate dinner, I looked at those flowers, kicking myself for not inviting that person to be here with us. Because I am dumb that way, you see. I spent too much time laughing today or something :)

P. S. My son monopolized my attention from the time he got home from school until he went to bed at 9:30, so I couldn't check email, or blog, or do much of anything else other than make dinner and clean up the mess (bad toenail problem, again, because I forgot to put medicine on it last night and this morning, because I've actually had a bad cough the last couple of days).

P.S.S. I am trying to figure out if I can just carry those flowers around with me for the next week... :)

No comments: