Wednesday, February 15, 2006

In which I drag myself off of the couch and drive my son to religious ed...

My son was apparently under the impression that since I was not feeling all that great, he would get out of going to religious ed tonight. I am just such a stubborn mom, however, that I got dressed and drove him there anyway. I made sure not to talk to anyone, and kept my winter gloves on the whole time.

You see, there was another reason to get out of the house.

Supposedly, we may get a bit of snow overnight and tomorrow. Now, the amounts are not supposed to be much, but as a born-Iowan, I understand that sometimes snow storms can creep a little further than expected, and turn 2-4 inches into 6-8 within a short amount of time. Which means...

I had to go to the grocery store. I bought bread, soup, and salad dressing (hey, I have a bag of really good salad that I want for lunch tomorrow, and I only had a tablespoon of my favorite dressing left. I am not going to be caught in a snow storm without my salad dressing!).

After I got home, I made some supper, and read until it was time to pick up my son.

I do have to say this: it is cold outside. I had a problem earlier this afternoon, when I first tried to sleep. I was freezing, and could not get warm, even with my fleece blanket. My head hurt, and I had the chills quite badly. I ended up turning up the furnace, which worked okay. But going out in the cold sucked.

My headache is mostly gone, and my temp is close to normal. I am hoping for a return to normality before tomorrow morning. I hate not feeling well. Such a waste of time...

No comments: