Saturday, February 25, 2006

Turtle Titans = 6th place...

out of six.

So, the improv team finished dead last in their catagory. My son didn't care - he still had a blast! Our high school group, and one of our other groups advanced to state. So, for the rest, DI is over for the year.

They got back around 9:20, so I ran to pick him up, we ran home, switched out the stuff in his bag, grabbed his sleeping bag, pillow, present and the game cube, and he went to his friend's birthday party at about 9:45. He didn't get a lot of sleep last night due to one of the kids (supposedly his best friend), throwing pencils and trying to scare him all night. He wasn't scared, just annoyed. After all, he's seen an actual ghost before (do-do-do-dooooooo!!!!). The boys at this party have already stated that they are not going to sleep tonight at all.

I ought to have a very fun Sunday...

My mom was concerned last night when she heard I only sent $20 with my son (plus $2 is quarters). "Is that going to be enough???" Of course, I immediately doubted myself, even though I knew he only needed money for dinner Friday, lunch and dinner Saturday, plus snacks (free continental breakfast at the hotel). He's been a bottomless pit lately... Somehow, he ended up bringing home $5.50, plus he bought a souvenir (a puzzle thing). It helps that about the only thing he likes at McDonalds is the double-cheeseburger value meal. And the shamrock shakes... Oh, the shamrock shakes....

Well, I have better get some sleep so I can deal with the grouchiest kid in the universe tomorrow....

No comments: