Wednesday, February 01, 2006

quitcherbitchin

The more I get to thinking about that last dear abby, the more I think that maybe the writer is a little off...

I don't want to be in a relationship where I am not allowed to have a bad day. I wouldn't expect the other half of the relationship to never have a bad day, either. I think it is incredibly naive to think that masking any emotion is a good idea in a relationship. Things happen, and part of a good relationship is helping each other get through difficult or upsetting times.What does it serve if one side thinks that the other always has it easy? Never has a bad day at work, everything is always perfect. It would breed resentment on some level in everyone.

My mom always told me to be suspicious of "perfect." If someone is trying hard to appear perfect, they are usually hiding something.

So, yeah, I can try harder not to whine, but you know what? This is my blog, and I'll whine and cry if I want to :) It's better than letting it fester inside me until I feel sorry about myself, right? In fact, most of the time, if I do write a whiny post, I'll read it later and wonder what all the fuss was about, or laugh about it. It helps me let go, and get on with what is important.

No comments: