Sunday, February 05, 2006

Go, go chili!

Okay, now I have music from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat running through my head. This would not be bad, and really isn't bad, except I don't actually know any of the words to any of the songs, and the music is kind of jumbled up in my head.

I had fun. The performers had such enthusiasm for their parts that it made it very enjoyable, as did the company. :)

After I got home, I called my mom to once again pick her brain about how she makes her chili. My son insisted that we have chili tonight, and it had to be the way Mima makes it. She gave me notes, and it was just the way I remembered it. Funny how one can doubt memory after years have passed. I even rememberd the brand of beans she used, but I thought there had to be some secret to how things were put together.

So, we sat down to chili at the kick-off, and it was good.

"But not as good as the chili you made yesterday, mom," my son said as he carefully navigated his spoon to avoid all kidney beans...

No comments: