Thursday, November 02, 2006

Betrayed!

I'm on my way home from work, listening to the radio, when Bon Jovi's Dead or Alive comes on the radio. At first, I'm singing along, rockin' out, and then about 20 seconds in I realize that this isn't Bon Jovi...

WTF???????

It's some pretentious fucking remake that made me physically ill. It's almost, but not quite, Bon Jovi. It's Cheap Knock-off Bon Jovi. It's a bastardization of everything that hair bands stand for. Sellin' out to the Man! It's like some crappy cover band in high school that the girls screamed over (not you, Travis and Chad (and Andy?), because you guys actually did rock, and were worth screaming over, and you were CUTE! and could actually SING!).

So now that I feel incredibly old, because someone thought they could improve on Bon Jovi, I am going to watch the rest of VH1's 100 Best 80's songs tonight.

But, for the Love of God, if someone tries to remake "Doctor Feelgood" I'll just go buy my spot in the fucking retirement home right now...

2 comments:

dive said...

Still in shock from yesterday's post, so today's comes as a lovely relief.

But Bon Jovi?
I keep forgetting how young you are. Though I have to admit that they were fun.
I'm just glad you do Rennaisance Costuming instead of poodle perms and spandex (Eww).

Nice socks, by the way. And frankly, my dear, why Gone With The Wind?

jennifer said...

In answer to the "Why Gone with the Wind" question: It's a really long book, meant to be read under a tree, with your feet up. I've read it so many times that it no longer requires actual brainpower to process. Plus, I was at camp, and truth be told, more napping than reading was done while the kids were at their activities. :)