Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fun afternoon!

I ended up going to my sister's house this afternoon. I helped her bring her Christmas decorations up from the basement, while my son played with my nephew. When her husband got home, we went to Hobby Lobby, so she could get a new Christmas tree (a pre-lit one).

When we got it back to her house, we set up the tree, plugged it in, and started trimming the tree. When we had finished, it was gorgeous, and we had spent much less time than if we had needed to put lights on it ourselves.

I want a pre-lit tree now, :).

I decided that I am going to try to get ours set up tomorrow, even though I normally wait until after Thanksgiving. I have never set up the tree this early, but I think that I am in need of a little more Christmas cheer this year. I have quite a bit of work I want to get done on the apartment before I start decorating for the holidays, so I may not get to the tree tomorrow. I am going to try, though.

I really like the tree I bought last year, though, and am not going to replace it anytime soon. Although some of those decorations have to go...

Our Lovely Tree

No comments: