Saturday, November 11, 2006

Blue Skies Cold

Ice on the ground where the snow melted yesterday...

Busy day today. I am waiting for clothes to dry, and cleaning house. My nephew's birthday party is this afternoon! Yay! When I called last night, I could hear him saying something in the background. Kim said he had been saying "Nemo cake!!!" constantly since they picked it up from the store. :)

Even though it is cold out, it looks beautiful. Snow on the rooftops and grassy areas. Very pretty! We broke down and turned on the heat last night, because even though it read 75°F on the thermostat, it was not even close to that in the bedrooms. My nephew apparently did not care for the snow too much yesterday. My sister put a bit in his hand, and he did not know what to think.

The twelve-year-old played out in the snow for about an hour last night. Big snowman, then hacked it apart with a plastic sword. Yeah. You can't tell he's a boy or anything...

Anyway, I can't wait to see my family! Nemo cake!!!

2 comments:

brainhell said...

Sword? Boy. Flamethrower? Worry.

jennifer said...

My thoughts exactly. :)