Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sitting at home, waiting for AAA

Or rather, a tow truck summoned by my magical AAA+ membership. And a jump start.

The damn car wouldn't start today. The battery is not dead, it just stubbornly will not start. Grind away... no start.

I would have just taken the bus, except I need my car later, and I had just missed the bus.

I am not happy about this. I need to be at work today. My boss had to put out the new laser cutter lists, and he said that the line stretched all of the way back to the 2nd lab, which is, oh.... about 60 or so feet. Update! I measured. It was 90 feet long. The first person in line got here at 2:00 am.

I spent almost 10 minutes on hold with AAA, five minutes on other calls, and have waited over 30 minutes for them to get here. This was after 10 minutes of sitting in the car, willing it to start every few minutes.Update again: The magic AAA guy got to the house at 9:10, and had the car started by 9:14. I got to work just fine.

Urg.

No comments: