Saturday, November 18, 2006

Off to a slow start...

Last night, after we got home from the LAN party, I had a terrible time trying to get to sleep. I was wide awake all of a sudden, which makes no sense, since I was nodding off at the party while I was talking to people (sorry, about that!).

When I cawled into bed, I couldn't get warm, despite my sheet, quilt, and the throw I put on top of the quilt. I had the heat on, but I just couldn't get warm enough to sleep for a long time. I think it was about 2:30 when I finally felt comfortable.

This morning, the phone rang at 9:30. It was a my mom, asking if I had just gotten up (yep), and if I could call our Target store to see if they had any boxes of a particular type of icicle light that she needed to decorate the house. The store in Fort Dodge did not get any. Turns out, when I called our store, they didn't have any either. They told me which stores in the area did have some, but they didn't have enough in stock to gaurantee that I would be able to get enough boxes by the time I got there.

After I finished all of that, I contemplated getting ready for the day. I don't have anything to do this weekend. I will probably clean out the closet (an ongoing project), and do laundry. But all I want to do right now is sit around in my p.j.s, enjoying the luxury of a day with no resposibilities outside of the home.

It's cold outside, and the thought of curling up on the couch with a good book is almost irresistable...

I'm sure I'll be bored by noon...

1 comment:

Dawnie said...

I highly recommend getting an electric blanket. I turn mine on high about an hour before I go to bed - so it can "preheat" the bed - then I'll turn it off or way down (to 3 or 4) when I actually go to bed. It gets the bed nice and toasty, and it'll stay warm long enough for me to fall sleep and be comfy all night.