Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I have one grooouuunnded kid...

Common theme in the comments sections during conferences this evening:

"Good student, intelligent, gets along well with others, problem with late work, and work not getting turned in."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every single day, I ask the moment he gets home: "Do you have any homework?" Yes. "Get started on it right away." I always ask if homework is done. I almost always get a "yes!" and if not, he sits down and does it.

So where is this homework black hole?

Partial culprit: His locker.

We are going to work on this. We cleaned it out immediately following the conference. We bought folders that will fit in his binder. We are buying other items when I have time to get to the dreaded Wal-Mart, because Target didn't have what we needed.

Limited TV will be the ongoing mantra...

No comments: